[OSGeo-Discuss] Metadata Server applications?

Ken ken at rockies.ca
Fri Mar 4 07:43:41 PST 2011

I am looking to see if there any new open source metadata server
applications. I have looked into GeoNetwork, is there anything else?

I currently use ISITE2 which is a great product, supported by a great
individual. Is there anything new out there I can replace it with?

What I need:
- index all the xml files in selected folders/drives on our network
either by crawling, or by a provided list

- ability to search one or more specific tags for keywords from a web
application built with PHP or Python, also be able to share access to
our catalog by other websites/applications.

- response from search to provide basic details and ability to target
specific file for opening in full.

- needs to run on a windows server with IIS webserver

We have our own web mapping applications, webserver already setup,
metadata editors, etc. I just need the metadata server portion.

Thanks,

Ken