[OSGeo-Discuss] open-source project site construction

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at osgeo.org
Mon Mar 7 23:28:04 PST 2011

On 7 March 2011 22:38, Paul Spencer <pspencer at dmsolutions.ca> wrote:
> Besides SourceForge, Google Code is a great hosting environment for open source projects, and also github is becoming very popular.
>
> Cheers
>
> Paul

I wouldn't suggest google code as a  repository unless you don't care
about people living in USA embargoed countries. Google apply USA
export restrictions and developers can't access those repositories (a
Cuban OSGeo-es member suffers this stuff all the time).

Of course this is not a blame against Google, as they just apply these
stupid USA laws.

Maybe gitorious.org?

--
Jorge Sanz