[OSGeo-Discuss] Correct List for Newcomers

Bob Kerstetter bob at villagehiker.com
Wed Mar 30 09:06:52 PDT 2011

On Mar 29, 2011, at 4:17 PM, Peter wrote:

> 4. Try to get an accurate vector layer of the same terrain, that has recognizable locations that match your raster, load that up, and then use the from map tool, itll be the easiest way.

Any suggestions where to find vector maps? All the ones I have found are somewhat squishy in their placement of islands and the details of coastlines. I have tried geological survey websites plus the general commercial web. I have some older maps I may scan in and trace the vectors myself. How do I determine the projections of these maps?