[OSGeo-Discuss] presentation template for coding training?

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon May 2 04:19:10 PDT 2011

Hey Jody

> S5 is a slide show format based on XHTML, CSS, and JavaScript [0].
> It integrates very well with reST as a command line utility for
> converting reST to S5 is provided within docutils, give a look at this [1]
> link.
> Even if you don't want to use S5, you can still use reST and convert
> the slides to pdf, via the rst2pdf [2] (included in docutils too). I
> had very good results with it.
> BTW: It would be very nice to have an OSGeo template for reST, if you
> have one it would be nice if you could share ;)
I made one for my course materials for foss4g 2009 (for geotools); it has since been tossed in the bit bucket as no projects
are using osgeo branding :(

It was used for the first cut of the osgeo live documentation and you can retrieve it from their svn repository.

Thanks for the tips on s5 it sounds interesting.