[OSGeo-Discuss] A few survey stats

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu May 12 23:32:43 PDT 2011

Specifically ways to encourage new developers to take part in existing projects - you are correct that it is a form of out reach.
You will also notice that the "code sprints" have been a very successful undertaking, indeed one of the best ways we know of to encourage collaboration.

I am sure there are other ways as a foundation we can encouraging the "development" side of the street?

I will need to think more to understand the comment about software development; my best guess is email lists like metacrs where numbers are thrown around in anger to make sure the projects actually produce the same result (or know why they are different). I am sure test data where the IP was known to be clear would also help.
--
Jody Garnett