[OSGeo-Discuss] multi-lingual WMS-legends

Steven M. Ottens steven at minst.net
Tue May 24 02:51:44 PDT 2011

  Hi all,

I'm currently building a multi-lingual Web-GIS application. One of the
requirements is that the legends of the maps are multi-lingual. E.g. if
the chosen language is English, the legend will say 'forest', whereas
when the chosen language is Dutch it will say 'bos'. So no need to have
all the languages in one image, using something like &lang=en is fine by me.

I've done a quick look in the mapserver documentation but it doesn't
appear to support &lang for generating legends. Nor does the WMS 1.3.0
specification for that matter.

Has anyone tried to do such a thing?

regards,
Steven