[OSGeo-Discuss] charter member nomination: Tim Sutton

Duarte Carreira DCarreira at edia.pt
Wed Nov 9 04:13:01 PST 2011

I would like to nominate Tim Sutton.

I'm probably not the best person to introduce Tim, but here goes. I know Tim mostly as Developer, Project Steering Committee member and project co-administrator of Quantum GIS, from his educational materials (Gentle Introduction to GIS excellent videos come to mind), great blog posts, active community building activities, and using open source in his projects. I think Tim is one of the main promoters of open source gis today.

I think he is based in South Africa, so the plea to diversify charter members geographically is also catered for.

Best regards,
Duarte Carreira