[OSGeo-Discuss] What is North America?

Jean-Philippe Lagrange Jean-Philippe.Lagrange at ign.fr
Sat Nov 12 01:07:07 PST 2011

Hi Adrian,

Should now French people feel some prejudice because of your disparaging words? Should we follow up by wondering what natives of Northern America think of 'occupation which sucks'?
Such consideration do not lead anybody anywhere. Nowadays borders are a result of history, including past wars, and nobody should argue too much against the formers, for we do not want the latters to develop again among nations.
By the way, French Islands in your area do not stop at two bitty islands off the Eastern coast, you may also include French Antillas, not so far from Puerto Rico, recently added to the USA.

Best,
JP