[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSSGIS German ... FOSS4G

Marco Lechner - FOSSGIS e.V. marco.lechner at fossgis.de
Thu Nov 17 00:23:52 PST 2011

Hi Frans,

it is correct, that FOSSGIS conference includes OpenStreetMap. Because
the german FOSSGIS e.V. (existing since 2000) in one function is the
OSGeo local chapter for german speaking people. But the FOSSGIS e.V. is
also a big supporter of OSM in the german speaking countries. the german
OSM communites were looking for a conference-like thing and so we added
OSM tracks to the FOSSGIS conference which were good accepted by the OSM
community.  In the nmeanwhile the OSM community is also integrated in
the organisation of the conference.

Best regards

Marco