Participation in OSGeo (was: Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Charter Member nomination: Martin Landa)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Nov 17 12:42:08 PST 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 11:57 AM, Razy Kased <kasedr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Where can I learn more about each of the committees or other ways to
> participate?

Razy,

There is a list of committees in the second box on the wiki:

  http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Main_Page

    * Board of Directors
    * Conference Committee
    * Education and Curriculum Committee
    * Finance Committee
    * Incubation Committee
    * Marketing Committee
    * Project Steering Committees
    * Public Geospatial Data Committee
    * System Administration Committee (SAC)
    * Website Committee - Current WebCom tasks

Of these I know that the Education, Marketing, Public Geodata,
SAC and Website committees are all looking for volunteers and
in some cases no specific experience is needed.

Of course, the various projects also need help in various ways,
so if you are interested in, or using some of the software then
look into getting involved there.  Join the mailing lists, file bugs,
fix bugs, write docs, write code, answer questions on the list, etc.

Best regards,