[OSGeo-Discuss] Redirection to OSGeo Local Chapter web sites

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Sat Nov 19 06:29:27 PST 2011

Frank,

On 2011/11/19 10:23, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> If local chapters open a ticket with SAC, then I
> or others can setup a redirect from X.osgeo.org
> to another site.  I do not believe that OSGeo SAC
> controls the osgeo.eu site.  In fact our domain admin
> cannot generally do anything except the major
> domains (.com, .org, .net).

Thanks for your response.

Hope local chapters will consider having their web sites
redirected from X.osgeo.org. I would consider anything that
  is redirected from xxx.osgeo.org as "official" as far as OSGeo
is concerned. That way we can better manage the OSGeo brand.

To me FOSS4G is like Linux, anybody can start a user group or conference
and promote OSGeo, OSM, and other projects like Usahidi, etc. etc.

Best regards

Venka