[OSGeo-Discuss] Remote Sensing vs OSGeo

Frans Thamura frans at meruvian.org
Sun Nov 20 19:03:02 PST 2011

hi all

i am part of the remote sensing GIS community (which i believe quiet big
with 4000 members), and their topic mostly in high level, like cellular
automata, shp, ESRI...

and people talk related about how to implement X with. Y software.. and i
see ESRI like lead several topic...

imagine that user level GIS only 4000, vs to Java community member in JUG
Indonesia (which i lead), have 4500 member.

the question is

i want to grow OsGeo member here...which just 41 member now.

in theory, we can only bring from RSGIS member (4000) to GIS community
OsGEO-ID..

but i see also from FOSS4G Japan, mostly there are user rather programmer,
when most of the people i met are doing programming also...but not
heavyweight programmer.

can glue my problem ?
--
Frans Thamura (曽志胜)
Chief of Advisory

Mobile: +628557888699
Blog: http://blogs.mervpolis.com/roller/flatburger (id)

FB: http://www.facebook.com/meruvian
TW: http://www.twitter.com/meruvian / @meruvian
Website: http://www.meruvian.org

"We grow because we share the same belief."