[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: Charter nominees -- please speak up!

Yoichi Kayama yoichi.kayama at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 21:09:51 PST 2011

Hello Everyone

My name is Yoichi Kayama.Thanks to a nomination by Dr Venka.
I am over 20 years engaged in research and development of GIS
software.I recently created a website URL
below.http://ec2-175-41-208-71.ap-northeast-1.compute.amazonaws.com/
Know the existence of OSGeo in 2006, has been working since then as a
member of OSGeo.jp.FOSS4G conference I attended for the first time in
2007.Since then I have the following presentations at FOSS4G
conferences.2007  Communication system for local comunity using
ka-Map,Mapserver and OpenPNE(Japanese open source
SNS)http://2007.foss4g.org/presentations/view.php/181
2010 INTRODUCTION OF FLOOD EVACUATION ROUTE SEARCH SYSTEM USING
QGIS,POSTGIS,GRASS AND
PGROUTINGhttp://2010.foss4g.org/presentations_show.php?id=3452
2011 Response of OSGeo Japan with other comunities to the Great East
Japan Earthquakehttp://www.slideshare.net/Yoichi_gmf/response-of-osgeo-japan-with-other-comunities-to-the-great-east-japan-earthquake

I am working as staff at local FOSS4G conference to be held OSGeo.JP
every year.Since 2009 has been engaged in Japanese language
localization QuantumGIS.http://www.osgeo.jp/user_guide/user_guide.html
In 2010, I founded the spetial interest group about FOSS4G in the GIS
Assosiation Japan.We held  workshops  at the Annual Meeting of GISA
Japan each year using the FOSS4G.
Able to work for the spread FOSS4G is happy for me.