[OSGeo-Discuss] question

Tilottama Ghosh waggymaggy at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 20:31:32 PST 2011

Hi,

I have been using ArcGIS for all my projects for over four years. I moved
back to India, my home country, this year, and have realized how
unaffordable ArcGIS is for most people in India. Therefore, it is time for
me to start using the available Opensource GIS software. I mostly use the
Analysis tools, Spatial analyst, Spatial statistics, Data Management
tools in ArcGIS. Could you please suggest which of the open source GIS
software - GRASSgis, Quantum GIS, and gvSIG, would provide me with similar
tools to work with? Any kind of suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Tilottama