[OSGeo-Discuss] Charter nomination

George Silva georger.silva at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 16:49:54 PST 2011

Hello all OSGeo folks.

I'm sorry that I did not have the time to step up and write an appropriate
nomination "speech". First of all I would like to thank for the support,
specially from Fernando Quadro, for nominating me for a charter member of
OSGeo.

But, I'm not sure I have the time OSGeo needs. I've been very busy this
year and I'm not sure that next year will easy also.

I'm still at debt with some projects that I've started to contributed but
stopped because the lack of time (especially dotSpatial, PostGIS and the
brazilian opensource GIS magazine, FOSSGIS Brasil).

In a nutshell I feel that my lack of time right now and lack of experience
does not make me a great candidate for charter. At least yet :P.

There are great candidates this year and I hope it all turns for the best.
I hope to see some brazilians as charter this year! Good luck guys.

Thank you guys for the honor of just being nominated, but I'm sorry that I
won't be able to contribute as (a possible) charter member.

George

PS: also I'm sorry if this is not the correct place to post this!

--
George R. C. Silva

Desenvolvimento em GIS
http://geoprocessamento.net