[Board] Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] 2011 Charter Member Election Results

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Nov 30 04:33:44 PST 2011

Hi Venka,

68 of our 104 charter member members voted: 65%. I find that a bit low, but bought that maybe I should have worked harder to send more reminders during the week?

We should definitely retire members who did not vote for 3 consecutive years. We already have a policy to that effect and I believe our secretary (Michael Gerlek) was planning to do that after the election.

Daniel

On 2011-11-30, at 1:19 AM, Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:

> Daniel and All,
>
> Thanks for you hard work as CRO, Daniel.
> Could you also let us know what was the
> percentage of voting.
>
> My congratulations to all the new Charter Members
> and many thanks for all nominees for their
> participation.
>
> May be time to find out charter members who have abstained
> for Charter Member elections over the last two elections
> and consider a retirement policy for Charter Members.
>
> Best
>
> Venka
>
> On 2011/11/30 14:17, Daniel Morissette wrote:
>> OSGeo Community,
>>
>> I am ready to announce the results of the 2011 Charter Member Election.
>>
>> • Note that we had a tie for the 20th slot, so I decided to welcome 21 new charter members for this year instead of 20 since that still fits within the limits of 20% new charter members set by the board at the 2011-09-17 board meeting (i.e. 20% of 104 = 20.8)
>>
>> • The new charter members for 2011 are (in alphabetical order):
>> 	• Bob Basques
>> 	• Brian Case
>> 	• Eric Lemoine
>> 	• Even Rouault
>> 	• G.Hanumantha Rao
>> 	• Gabriel Roldán
>> 	• Jachym Cepicky
>> 	• Lluís Vicens
>> 	• Luca Delucchi
>> 	• Maning Sambale
>> 	• Margherita Di Leo
>> 	• Martin Daly
>> 	• Martin Landa
>> 	• Massimo Di Stefano
>> 	• Nicolas Bozon
>> 	• Sanghee Shin
>> 	• Stephen Woodbridge
>> 	• Suchith Anand
>> 	• Tim Sutton
>> 	• Xianfeng Song
>> 	• Yoicihi Kayama
>>
>> Those results are published in the wiki at http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Election_2011#Final_Status:_2011-11-29
>>
>> I will leave it up to our board secretary to update the official members database and we the official list on the website should also be updated soon (http://www.osgeo.org/charter_members)
>>
>> A warm welcome to our new charter members, and thank you to all candidates who didn't make it… it was a matter of only a few votes, so maybe next year?
>>
>> Daniel Morissette (OSGeo CRO, 2011)

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/