[OSGeo-Discuss] Open GIS Overview

Jeroen Ticheler jeroen.ticheler at geocat.net
Sun Oct 2 02:25:26 PDT 2011

Hi Carsten,
Some years ago I made this graphic to illustrate that, including a legend: http://eos.geocat.net/download/SDI-Architecture.pdf (to big for inclusion in the email)
Although there are a few outdated and a few new components around today (OpenLayers is not yet listed in thin-clients for example), I think it is still a good starting point. I'm sure others have made more recent versions also.
Kind regards,
Jeroen

GeoCat introduces Bridge©
An extension to ArcGIS© to instantly publish data and metadata on GeoServer and GeoNetwork.
See http://geocat.net for more details.

Jeroen Ticheler
GeoCat bv
Veenderweg 13