AW: [OSGeo-Discuss] Academic Research on CrowdSourced Data

Stark Hans-Jörg hansjoerg.stark at fhnw.ch
Mon Oct 17 05:08:40 PDT 2011

Also:
http://www.geoinformatics.com/blog/in-the-spotlight/quality-assessment-of-volunteered-geographic-information-vgi

Cheers,
Hans-Jörg

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: discuss-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [mailto:discuss-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] Im Auftrag von Keith Jenkins
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 12. Oktober 2011 19:23
An: OSGeo Discussions
Betreff: Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Academic Research on CrowdSourced Data

The following studies describes various methods of quantifying positional accuracy, completeness, etc.

Haklay (2010)  How good is volunteered geographical information?  A comparative study of OpenStreetMap and Ordnance Survey datasets.
http://www.envplan.com/abstract.cgi?id=b35097

Cipeluch, et al. (2010)  Comparison of the accuracy of OpenStreetMap for Ireland with Google Maps and Bing Maps.
http://eprints.nuim.ie/2476/

See also their bibliographies for more.

Cheers,
Keith