[OSGeo-Discuss] 2012 MAGIC Symposium Short Course: Open Source GIS

David Drum david at more.net
Tue Oct 25 14:56:10 PDT 2011

Hello everyone,

I apologize for a somewhat off-topic post. I am the Short Course chair for the 2012 Mid-America GIS Consortium (MAGIC) Symposium being held next April in Kansas City, Missouri. The Symposium board would like to have a course covering Open Source GIS. I am especially interested in a course that would cover tools which are gaining traction in the industry, for instance: http://www.spatiallyadjusted.com/2011/09/26/the-guide-to-what-was-important-at-foss4g-for-people-who-didnt-go-to-foss4g-2011/

After exhausting local leads, I am turning to the wider community for assistance in locating an instructor. It would be best if the instructor came from the area (Arkansas, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota). I must also state up front that this is an all-volunteer conference, and so instructors are not paid, and travel and lodging is all at the instructor's expense, as is conference registration.

If you have any questions, I'm happy to handle them off-list. Thank you very much in advance, and I will not bother the list with this topic again.

Regards,

David K. Drum
Short Course Chair
2012 MAGIC Symposium
April 22-26, 2012
www.magicgis.org

Service Development Manager
New Initiatives
david at more.net
573-882-1397

MOREnet, the Missouri Research and Education Network
221 North Stadium Drive, Suite 201
Columbia, MO 65203-1145
www.more.net
573-884-7200