[OSGeo-Discuss] USA: Speak Up For Geography

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Oct 31 20:37:58 PDT 2011

Folks,

With regard to the following "Speaking up for Geography" Holly Glaser
suggests:

"""
I love the idea of contacting representatives about the importance of geography
education. I’m writing to you so all the representatives receive their mail
before or on GIS Day.

There’s one flaw in your method of contacting elected representative: letters
sent now will be delivered  at the end of December -too late for GIS Day.

All paper letters/small packages sent to congress are held by the post office
where they get inspected for explosives/anthrax and so on.  I was told that
this delays mail between 3-6 weeks.
"""

Best regards,