[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G updates

Peter Batty peter at ebatty.com
Wed Sep 7 07:48:46 PDT 2011

Hi all,

A few updates on FOSS4G. Today is the final day to pre-register, so if
you've been wavering, hurry up and do it! We will have onsite registration
too, opening early Monday morning.

We've added a page to the web site on how to get to the conference and get
around in general:
http://2011.foss4g.org/content/getting-here

We've also added a cool interactive map using OpenStreetMap data and a
variety of open source tools at
http://2011.foss4g.org/content/foss4g-map

This was done by my friend and colleague Jason Sanford and he talks about
how he did it at
http://geojason.info/2011/the-2011-foss4g-map/
... it's a nice intro to a few of the newer open source tools out there.

Directions Magazine has coverage on FOSS4G today too:
http://www.directionsmag.com/articles/what-to-expect-at-foss4g-2011/197868

Looking forward to seeing lots of you in Denver next week!

Cheers,
    Peter.