[OSGeo-Discuss] Calling all Charter Members @ Foss4g - volunteer at the booth

Mr. Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 06:05:46 PDT 2011

On Sep 12, 2011, at 1:20 AM, Alex Mandel wrote:

> While it's completely open to anyone to help with the OSGeo booth it
> would be great if Charter Members and other well known involved
> individuals would spend an hour at the booth some point during the
> conference.
>
> If you sign-up it will help us know who to expect and who to thank later.
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2011_OSGeo_Booth#Signup_Schedule
>
> Catch me or Robert Hollingsworth at the conference if you have any
> questions or want to know how to help.

While I will unfortunately not be there, I wholly and unstintingly support the above request, and encourage one and all to go stand in the booth. I spent several hours at the OSGeo booth at AAG earlier this year -- Alex and Karsten and others were there. Man, what a blast. It was just great hanging out with them, and to vocally support and "sell" open source services, products and concepts to the visitors.

Just go there, show your presence, talk to visitors, tell them about your work, about stuff that can be done with open geospatial. Trust me, you will have a great time else you can ask for your money back.

Puneet.