[OSGeo-Discuss] Changing this list to "Reply to Poster" NOW

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Apr 19 09:36:13 PDT 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 2:31 PM, Margherita Di Leo
<dileomargherita at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Seven (aka Arnulf) <seven at arnulf.us> wrote:

>> Folks,
>> every now and then private mails end up on this list because it is
>> still set to automatically "Reply to List" even although this is not
>> recommended.

+1 to change that

> Thanks, I think that extra work is not the end of the world

Not for the world but for the unlucky sender perhaps yes.

I witnessed several bad accidental reply-to-lists and they urged me
to polish the mailing list archive (PITA). And yes, it was harmful.

So also read this:
http://woozle.org/~neale/papers/reply-to-still-harmful.html

Markus