[OSGeo-Discuss] RE: Defining an OSGeo Ambassador role

Dimitris Kotzinos kotzino at csd.uoc.gr
Thu Apr 19 15:49:52 PDT 2012

Dear all,

following up on Michael's e-mail, I have to say that I find the idea of
having OSGEO ambassadors very useful and I think that we should keep it
to a limited number of people (maybe about a dozen as a maximum)
geographically spread all over the globe.

Moreover, I would like to take the opportunity to put forward some
additional concerns.
I have followed in this list some (sometimes fierce) discussions about
managerial issues of the OSGEO (e.g. the discussion on the decision to
have no Executive Director, the discussion on the responsibilities for
the Beijing conference and so on). I am still missing the discussion (at
the discussion list) of a more complete and coherent plan on how we
think OSGEO should go on for the next couple of years.
I think that having Ambassadors or not should be part of a greater plan
on how we think OSGEO should handle (sometimes practical) issues like
its representation in events, its public face, the conferences we want
to put together (and how) and so on ...
Thus my request is to discuss the whatever plan as a whole and not as
individual ideas.

My apologies for opening up again a discussion that might already be
obsolete :)

Best regards,

Dimitris Kotzinos