[OSGeo-Discuss] Let the four freedoms paradigm apply to ecology (Letter to TREE)

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat Apr 21 10:47:57 PDT 2012

Hi,

we managed to publish a letter in Trends in Ecology & Evolution:

Rocchini, D., Neteler, M. (2012): Let the four freedoms paradigm apply
to ecology.
Accepted by Trends in Ecology and Evolution. doi:10.1016/j.tree.2012.03.009
Full text: http://tinyurl.com/tree-four-freedoms

Statement:
In our view, the explicit use of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS)
with availability of the code is essential for completely open science.

Cheers
Markus

PS: R-stats and GRASS GIS are obviously mentioned :)