[OSGeo-Discuss] Whitebox Geospatial Analysis Tools v. 2.0

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 13:46:26 PDT 2012

John,
Congratulations on your release.
I wonder whether this project is a candidate for OSGeo-Live,
http://live.osgeo.org.

In looking through your introduction I have a few questions, which were
not obvious to me.

What type of user would wish to make use of Whitebox GAT? What tasks
would they be performing?

Does Whitebox make use of other geospatial libraries? Maybe geotools or
sextante? One of the most effective ways of attracting co-developers is
to build upon an existing project or library and adopt developers from
this project.

Who is currently using Whitebox GAT?

You would likely wish to weave answers to these questions into your
website home page.