[OSGeo-Discuss] Board Election 2012 Results

Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) arnulf at osgeo.org
Tue Aug 14 00:33:51 PDT 2012

Dear OSGeo Members,
the election 2012 has been completed and we are happy to announce the
new board of directors [1].

Here are the final results from the voting for the open seats of the
OSGeo Board of Directors. There were five seats open and they have been
filled by, in alphabetical order:
* Anne Ghisla
* Jeff McKenna
* Daniel Morissette
* Cameron Shorter
* Frank Warmerdam

Thanks to everyone for running, all candidates received good support (>
40 votes each). The voting participation was 68% and there were no tie
scores to arbitrate. Thank you to all who voted.
Your complete resulting Board is:
* Peter Batty
* Michael Gerlek
* Anne Ghisla
* Mark Lucas
* Jeff McKenna
* Daniel Morissette
* Cameron Shorter
* Frank Warmerdam

Congratulations and please welcome the new and and re-elected OSGeo
directors!

With the election results published the new board of directors becomes
effective as of now.

We wish to thank the outgoing directors for their continued support of
OSGeo and for helping to run a fantastic organizations with a great
memberships and lots of energy. We thank all candidates who stood in
this election and all OSGeo Charter Members for their contribution and
votes.

Best regards,
Michael and Arnulf

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Election_2012_Results