[OSGeo-Discuss] OpenLayers.Popup ("form") triggered from outside map div

Dori izzybitsie at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 11:56:43 PDT 2012

Hi,

I need to create a popup window with a form to be processed in 2 different
ways: clicking on map or entering a location identifier in a form on a
In both cases the same Javascript function is call.
If I click on map the sequence of 0) zooming map 1) OpenLayers.Popup
showing form to select data presentation type, 2)window popup showing form
to choose info to display, 3)window popup showing report for the data works
OK.
If I enter location identifier and submit form then, 0) map zooms OK, and
then popup 1) above shows up briefly and then init() is called without
letting me keep with the process of choosing.

Any idea on how to prevent this behind the scenes call to init() when
identifier form is used?

Thanks