[OSGeo-Discuss] Looking for a Android AR framework (any suggestions?)

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Mon Dec 17 12:51:26 PST 2012

All,

I'm looking for a (rather basic) android framewok for doing some Augemented Reality stuff.  I just want to position a 2d Map on top of the camera display based on the client GPS/Compass/Accelerometer info.  The map to be autoupdated and continuously centered on the view?  I've also not seen manu map based examples, most examples are point based for the overlays.

Some things I found:

"LAYAR" seems to pop to the top of the list a lot, but it's not completely open and look a little heavy.
"SomaView" Points only?
"GeoVector" Commercial??
"Wikitude" Looks very  interesting, but commercial . . .???
http://code.google.com/p/android-augment-reality-framework/

Other suggestions?

Bobb