[OSGeo-Discuss] any ideas on how to Monitor and Review 'random' files?

Arnie Shore shoreas at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 11:51:13 PST 2012

My take is that the major item not readily available is a notification
mechanism, to be triggered when something changes, with users
registering themselves with some kind of call-back function.

I dunno what's avaiable in desktop software libraries for this, but I
see html5 providing such a mechanism in its 'local storage' feature.
Like see http://www.quirksmode.org/blog/archives/2009/06/html5_storage_t.html
and  http://html5demos.com/storage-events.

BTW, I believe the OP is looking for handling not a random file
(hardly that!) but an 'arbitrary' user-selected one.

AS