[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G North America Conference coming April 10-12

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 13:37:23 PST 2012

> It's different with the FOSS4G-NA. It draws the attention of a lot of
> people. Not only the US citizens, but also from the people that work
> for/with US companies. It is not a real regional event. For me an US
> regional event would be something like a FOSS4G East Coast, or even
> smaller like FOSS4G California.

Also since it seems to be better organised (with a call to papers open etc…) it will be a conference that can actually be attended. The OSGeo wiki for FOSS4G still does not have a timeline, or local contacts for email inquiry and so forth.

A foss4g NA event is needed to kick things along in north america; however it is leaving few volunteers for the global conference.

Jody