[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G 2012 Cancel Request

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Tue Jul 10 13:10:01 PDT 2012

On 2012/07/10 2:25 AM, OSGeo China wrote:
> Dear OSGeo Board,
>
> With great regret, the FOSS4G Beijing Local Organizing Committee
> (LOC) has made the difficult decision of cancelling the event due to
> a lack of financial resources and the unexpected withdrawal of the
> Professional Conference Organizer.  Please officially approve our
> decision and advise any procedures we may need to follow to minimize
> the impact on the community.
>
> We also wrote letter for FOSS4G Beijing 2012 potential participants,
> we will publish this announcement on the foss4g2012 website and
> e-mail them after we get feedback from Board.

It might be helpful for the FOSS4G 2013 LOC to provide a letter about
"the next FOSS4G", and have that letter translated, and send that
letter out (both in English and any translated version(s)) along with
any announcements about the FOSS4G 2012 cancellation.

--
Dave Patton
Victoria, B.C.

Degree Confluence Project: