[OSGeo-Discuss] Fwd: [Board] Board nomination for Nicolas Bozon

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Thu Jul 26 08:33:03 PDT 2012

On 07/26/2012 01:09 AM, Michael P. Gerlek wrote:
> I would like to nominate Nicolas Bozon for the Board.
>
> Although I have never met Nick in person, I have read his
contributions to the discuss and board lists over the past year or so
and feel he'd be a valuable addition to the team.

> I'm sure he will provide us with a thoughtful post on his background
and how he can help our foundation, but I'll offer this quick summary of
his qualifications:
>   - been involved with OSGeo since 2006, elected as a charter member
last year, currently on the Marketing committee
>   - cofounder and PSC member for the Zoo project (WPS)
>   - has been in the geospatial industry for a number of years,
including consulting work in France and post-doctoral work in Japan

> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:NBozon
>
> _mpg

May I add that I know Nicolas personally and also want to support his
nomination. He has a very international approach to geospatial
communities through his French background and his relation with Japan.
He has a keen interest in technical innovation which he somehow manages
to also leverage for community related issues and I believe that he
would be a great OSGeo director.

Cheers,
Arnulf

--