[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G 2012 Cancel Request

Bruce Bannerman bruce.bannerman.osgeo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 14:41:52 PDT 2012

 @LOC FOSS4G-2012,

This is a courageous decision. Well done!

It would have been a very difficult decision to make after the time that
you have spent in organising this event.

I know from experience how critical a professional conference organiser is
in putting together a successful event of the calibre of recent FOSS4G. If
our professional organiser for FOSS4G-2009 had pulled out months before our
event, I suspect that we would have had to do what you have done.

@Jeff, well said.

Bruce Bannerman