[OSGeo-Discuss] incubation committee wants you!

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 06:30:16 PDT 2012

> it is necessary be an OSGeo charter member to help you in the
> incubator committee?. I searched info about that question in OSGeo
> wiki but not found it.

Participation in any OSGeo activity is open to all (as we are a volunteer organisation). Indeed participation in committee's, local chapters, code sprints and so on are a great way to take part in the organisation. As people get to know you they will be in position to comment on your work, and perhaps nominate you as a charter member.

The charter member thing is one of the few activities with a strict responsibility (i.e. the requirement to vote in the upcoming board elections). Everything else is volunteer driven, with the only guideline being to volunteer within your means.

All the best,
Jody