[OSGeo-Discuss] Seeking Contributions: OSGeo Journal Annual Report for 2011

Landon Blake sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 10:07:52 PDT 2012

I'm starting work this week on the Annual Report for 2011.

I don't have any annual report information from any of our software
projects, committees, or sponsors yet.

I only have annual report items for the following chapters:
- California
- Francophone
- PDX

The annual report is a great opportunity to get some publicity for the
efforts of your chapter or software project. I can send you a simple
template file you can use for your report item. They don't have to be
long. Just a few paragraphs. If you want to send me a bullet list, or
post it to the wiki page, I'll convert it to a narrative format
myself.

Please support the OSGeo Journal and contribute!

You can send me your questions or contributions directly
(sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com) or you can post it to the wiki
(http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Journal_Volume_11).

I'd appreciate if you can submit your contributions by the end of this
week, but I'll wait until the end of next week if you let me know you
are working on something.

This will give me time to wrap up the Annual Report by the middle of
August, leaving time for a peer review issue before the end of the
year.

If you have already completed a report for 2011, and I missed it,
please let me know.

Thanks for the help!

Landon

PS - I'm also looking for a victim that will submit to an interview
for this issue. Please let me know if you are interested. You don't
have to be famous or important, just involved in GIS. One of our new
charter members or a member of our committees would be great
candidates.