[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G-SEA a sucess

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 09:45:26 PDT 2012

Dear everyone,

I am happy to announce that (personally) foss4g-sea 2012 [0] was a
success.  This event was in conjunction with the partner conference
AGSE 2012 [1].  I personally thank UTM, Dr. Behr and Dr. Thuy for
making this a success.  Everyone got their very own OSGeo Live-DVD.

OSGeo Malaysia Local Chapter convened during the event and  I expect
more activities from the LC will move afterwards.

Many of the participants have heard of open source but I'm amazed to
see that many where surprised of what it can actually do.  Lots of new
converts in my opinion (including the Malaysian national mapping
agency who attended my QGIS workshop). :)

Dr. Behr and Dr. Thuy can provide more details.  Thanks again.

[0] http://foss4g-sea.org/
[1] http://applied-geoinformatics.org/
--
cheers,