[OSGeo-Discuss] Seconding Board Member Nominations

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Fri Jul 27 02:32:12 PDT 2012

On 07/27/2012 10:06 AM, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can someone explain me what is this "Seconded by"
> and "Support by" feature listed next to the Board nominations [1]?
> Is this an element of any formal procedure or it's some kind of elevator pitch?
>
> [1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Member_Nominations_2012
>
> Best regards,

Nominees have to be nominated, hence the name. :-). The nominator is
simply the first to propose a nominee. Additionally each nominee should
get a second from another OSGeo member (Nota Bene, from anybody, not
just Charter Members).

The "Support by" feature is basically something that came into being on
it's own. People felt like expressing their support and it seemed a good
idea to collect them with the profile.

Additionally we encourage nominees to say something about their goals
themselves. This is probably the most important link, I named it
"Acceptance and thoughts".

If you follow all the links in the links then the elevator pitch will
probably develop into a full CV and timeline of the nominee. The more
interest you have the more you will find out.

The "Support by" is not an official vote and is not counted into the
elections which will take place in roughly a week's time. It is just
support by a member who thinks that other's value their public support.
The elections themselves are limited to Charter Members.

Hope this helps,
Arnulf

--
Exploring Space, Time and Mind