[OSGeo-Discuss] Board of Directors nomination: Anne Ghisla

Margherita Di Leo dileomargherita at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 05:56:27 PDT 2012

Hi all,

We would like to nominate Anne Ghisla (from Italy) to the Board of
Directors.
Anne is very active within the OSGeo community. Among others, We would like
to mention some of her activities:

   -  OSGeo Google Summer of Code administrator in 2011 and 2012;

   -  Member of Italian chapter GFOSS.it since September 2007, follower of
   Francophone chapter too;

   -  Member of QGIS Release Team, Documentation Team and Ecology Toolbox
   Interest Group;

   -  GRASS GIS core developer;

   -  Co-founder of OSGeo Women Chapter.

Some of the above items highlight that Anne has a strong commitment to the
empowering of OSGeo, not only from a strict technnical point of view.
We know her personally and can say she's a very reliable and helpful
person. We really see her as an optimal candidate for the OSGeo Board of
Directors.
Currently she speaks several languages, such as Italian, French, Englishand a
bit of German. She has worked in South Africa for a while and participated
to several OSGeo meetups across Europe. Hence she has a quite international
background, that allows her to mediate among different points of view of
people coming from around the globe.
Her skills and experience could contribute to make OSGeo organisation more
international and diverse, in sync with the community.

Kindest regards,

Margherita Di Leo & Stefano Costa
on behalf of the Italian OSGeo Local Chapter

--
Dr. Margherita Di Leo