[OSGeo-Discuss] The importance of a project's license

Andrew Ross andrew.ross at eclipse.org
Fri Jul 27 12:49:39 PDT 2012

Landon,

For what it's worth...

I eagerly read that link you provided. It represents one end of the
spectrum for values and principles in terms of open source. I believe
it's fair to say that end of the spectrum is fairly staunch and
recognized by some as radical and even marginalizing.

I believe there's plenty of room in the world for people who believe
strongly in such messages, but I do feel personally this type of dogma
seems a bit out of date and probably no longer as necessary.

The opportunity is for projects & companies partner and work together in
harmony. For projects that are interested, there's help available. For
those that don't want it, that's OK too.

Andrew