[OSGeo-Discuss] Board of Directors nomination: Anne Ghisla

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 01:45:18 PDT 2012

On Fri, 27 Jul 2012 14:56:27 +0200
Margherita Di Leo <dileomargherita at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We would like to nominate Anne Ghisla (from Italy) to the Board of
> Directors.

Hello all,

thanks Margherita and Stefano for the nomination, and Italian chapter
for support! I am honored for it, and also understand that this role
deserves dedication and commitment.

My goal as Board member would be to understand how OSGeo is seen and
developed outside its home countries, which challenges is facing, and
what can be done to strengthen connections around the world.

From my experience with FOSS user groups and women lists I am part of,
I have understood that speaking about the positive aspects is not
enough. Often, some issues that seem small to me were actually
perceived as limiting to the audience. By further discussion, I managed
to find more decisive answers for the specific context and be a more
successful ambassador.
I plan to bring this experience to the Board, so that OSGeo message
gets disseminated more effectively.

I am Italian, with Belgian origins, but I intend to join the Board
with a broader international perspective. I also look forward for
more nominations from currently under-represented but locally active
corners of the world.

I'm open to suggestions and comments, especially from long-time OSGeo
members, to improve my understanding of worldwide issues. Putting
together many points of view, I'll have a more accurate picture of the
current status of OSGeo, and will be able to make more informed
decisions.

Kind regards,
Anne
--