[OSGeo-Discuss] Nomination for Cameron Shorter

Roald de Wit list at rdewit.net
Sun Jul 29 00:08:05 PDT 2012

On 29/07/12 15:00, Michael P. Gerlek wrote:
> I am pleased to nominate Cameron Shorter to be a member of the OSGeo Board.
>
> Followers of this list will no doubt already be familiar with Cameron: active in this foundation since the very beginning, he chaired the 2009 FOSS4G conference, has served on various OSGeo committees, and has worked on the OSGeo-Live project, among many other contributions.
>
> He would surely make a great addition to the board team for the next two years.

I'd like to second this!

Here are my reasons for supporting Cameron's nomination:

Cameron has been active in the OSGeo community since its inception.

You may remember Cameron as one of the core developers behind Community Mapbuilder, GeoTools and OpenLayers. More recently he chaired the successful FOSS4G 2009 Conference in Sydney and now he is one of the driving forces behind the OSGeo-Live community.

He is a founding charter member of OSGeo and his active participation in many of the OSGeo committees and mailing lists (Discuss, Marketing, Education, FOSS4G, Conference, Incubator, Live-Demo and more) shows his ongoing dedication to OSGeo.

I have had the pleasure of working for and with him in a both a professional context, as well as being members of the Community Mapbuilder, OpenLayers and OSGeo-Live projects. His commitment to the community and and open standards are exemplary.

Cameron's experience, vision and dedication would make him a great addition to the board.

Regards,

Roald