[OSGeo-Discuss] Call for presentation suggestions - NC GIS Conference (Feb 2013)

julia harrell julia.harrell at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 08:03:50 PDT 2012

The Program Committee of the 2013 NC GIS Conference is soliciting
suggestions for presentations
for the conference, which will be held February 7-8, 2013 in beautiful
Raleigh, NC. The conference theme
this year is "The Power of Place."

As a member of the Program Committee, I am trying to make sure that
the many facets of Open Source
GIS are very well-represented and I know plenty of you are working on
great projects that we'd love to expose
our audience to. The audience is predominantly city & county
government, but also state, federal, military,
non-profit, academic and increasingly, private sector.

Please submit your topic idea or title, a short (few sentences)
description, and relevant contact information
using this short online survey form:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SRKCGQG

You can suggest yourself or someone else as the presenter.  The
deadline for submissions is Friday, August 17.
 Multiple submissions are welcome.  Also, if you know any K-12
teachers who are using Open Source GIS in
the classroom (preferably NC, but elsewhere is also fine, if they can
travel), please provide a contact.

Please note: The NC GIS Conf is an 'all volunteer' conference that is
organized, staffed, and executed by various members of the NC GIS
Community and unfortunately there isn't much of a budget :(  We do
waive conference registration fees for all presenters, but that's
generally about all we can do in the way of financial assistance for
speakers.

Presentation topic areas include, but are not limited to:

*         Data: Open, Census, Orthophotography, LiDAR, Best Practices,
Sharing and Collaboration, etc.

*         Applications:  Transportation, Public Safety, Planning,
Environment, Property Mapping, and others.

*         Technology: Development Platforms, Cloud Computing, Mobile
Applications,
                             Spatial Business Intelligence, Web Services, etc.

*         GIS in the Enterprise:  Management Best Practices,
Technology Trends, System Integration,
                                            Professional Development,
Legal and Policy Issues, and more. etc.

Your submission will be forwarded to the Program Committee for
consideration and, if appropriate, you will be contacted by a
committee member for more information. This is NOT a formal "Call for
Abstracts" so a response may not be forthcoming to each submission.

The 2013 NC GIS Conference website is here:
http://www.cgia.state.nc.us/ncgis2013/Home.aspx