[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Elections 2012

Arnulf Christl arnulf at osgeo.org
Fri Jun 22 00:48:31 PDT 2012

Dear OSGeo Community,
it is time for the 2012 OSGeo elections [1]. As in earlier years we will
again first nominate new OSGeo Charter Members with the aim to broaden
and diversify OSGeo's global representation.

To start with we have 2 weeks to nominate new candidates. Anybody can
nominate candidates, there are no restrictions. After nomination closes
on 7 July 2012 we will have the first round of elections. Only Charter
Members are eligible to vote. The elections will add up to 20 candidates
to the group of currently 125 existing OSGeo Charter Members.

In the next round of elections the Charter Members elect directors to
the OSGeo board. The board consists of nine seats, 5 of which will be
open for this election.

Please note that the whole process is scheduled to be completed before
the annual global FOSS4G 2012 in Beijing so don't hesitate to become
active now. This is your chance to decide who is going to represent your
interests in the leadership of OSGeo.

Please take your time to read the election process in the Wiki [1] and
learn which qualifications are desirable for Charter Members and directors.

If anything is unclear or if you have questions, feel free to voice them
here on the Discuss list or send them to cro at osgeo.org.

All nominations and votes have to be sent to the email address
cro at osgeo.org. This year the Chief Returning Officers are Michael Gerlek
and Arnulf Christl.

Thank you for your contribution!

Best regards & have a nice weekend,