[OSGeo-Discuss] Talk on Copyright and Licensing for Geospatial Data

Landon Blake sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 10:06:02 PDT 2012

OSGeo Folks:

I'm giving a talk to CCVGPG (http://www.ccvgpg.org), our local GIS
user group this Friday. My talk will be about copyright and licensing
of geospatial data. I've found a good amount of information on
copyright and a bit on its application to GIS. However, I haven't
found much at all in the way of information about the licensing of
geospatial data. If you have some references I can investigate, I
would appreciate that.

Or, if you work for an organization that had to make decisions about
the licensing of geospatial data, and you'd be willing to discuss
things you considered as part of that decision process, please let me
know.

I'll post a link to a video of the talk if recording and editing goes OK.

Thanks.

Landon