[Board] Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Defining an OSGeo Ambassador role

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri May 11 14:04:15 PDT 2012

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 9:15 PM, Michael P. Gerlek <mpg at flaxen.com> wrote:
> The board is elected by the charter members to make policy. When the system was set up, it was not the intent that charter members had any role other than to preserve the nature and mission of the foundation by electing appropriate board members.

Things may evolve: A a founding member of OSGeo I was always very interested
to keep the community strongly involved. This implies that with the
years charter members
may obtain a stronger role than "just" electing the board members.

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_charter_member_page_instruction

What others do:
http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#asf-members

... but Jody has just send around some links...

Markus