[OSGeo-Discuss] Marketing meeting to finalise definition of an OSGeo Ambassador role

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu May 31 04:33:44 PDT 2012

Hi Cameron,

Apologies i won't be able to attend this meeting . The OSGeo Ambassadors idea is good but the important thing is as many people do this not just charter members or a select few. I am sure many people are already promoting OSGeo through their presentations in conferences, events etc. I personally always make it a point to promote OSGeo (at least few slides ) in any conference, events that i get opportunity to present.

For example for a conference , the more presenters talking about OSGeo in their presentations (not just keynote speakers) the more impact it has. That sends a powerful message of the impact and potential of OSGeo  to the wider audience.

Best wishes,

Suchith