[OSGeo-Discuss] json request to web map ?

karsten karsten at terragis.net
Wed Oct 10 10:51:45 PDT 2012

Hi All,

I have been working with web mapping for quite a while but always with data
pulled from files or databases on the server. Now I was wondering about
suggestions how to go about mapping data I can request from a JSON feed such
as the following
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gvsigce/files/stats/json?start_date=2010-01-
01
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/gvsigce/files/stats/json?start_date=2010-01
-01&end_date=2012-10-10> &end_date=2012-10-10 (which are the download
statistic for gvSIG CE)

Especially if anyone has done something like that without pulling into a
data base table before rendering...
How would you do that and which tools would you use ?
I would preferably use OpenLayers and MapServer...
Cheers
Karsten

Karsten Vennemann
 <http://www.terragis.net/> www.terragis.net