[OSGeo-Discuss] OpenLayers WMS OSM is LonLat in water?

Fawcett, David (MPCA) David.Fawcett at state.mn.us
Wed Oct 10 11:35:54 PDT 2012

I don't know what scale that you want to work at, or if you need inland water data also, but you might want to check out the Natural Earth data set.  The license is very liberal (PD).

Here is a link to the 1:10M scale oceans data:  http://www.naturalearthdata.com/downloads/10m-physical-vectors/10m-ocean/

David.