[OSGeo-Discuss] [Foss4g2013] Code sprints at FOSS4G 2013

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Oct 18 08:17:17 PDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 9:39 AM, Steven Feldman <shfeldman at gmail.com> wrote:

> When do you want to run the code sprints? Our preference would be to provide
> facilities for the code sprints on Sunday 22nd but if there was a strong
> preference to go for the Monday we could try to secure space for that (not
> guaranteed but we could try)

 I put a few questions to the Qgis developers about this recently. The
last Qgis developers meeting involved nearly 30 people for five days.
I wonder if OSgeo projects are getting too big for one day to be
enough time to do anything...

 Of course there is nothing to stop a team hacking for the duration of
the conference, except as one of the Qgis devs mentioned, the talks
might distract the developers! And nobody wants to pay to come to the
conference if they are going to be sitting in the GeoCamp drinking
beer and working on a project most of the time.

Barry